Friday, June 12, 2015

Entry #86: Just another update

I could be working on my assignment, reading a book or watching a drama now but I decided to blog. because, well... priorities.
Not to say assignment is not a priority but it's due on Thursday so I guess there's still time??
First and foremost, please let me apologize once again for the lack of updates. 
It's been a really hectic month with assignments piling up.
Anyways, let's stop talking about assignments. 
It's time for some update about life.
Remember the six resolutions I made back in April?
Thinking back, I've been exercising regularly but maybe not twice a week. More like once or not at all when I'm really busy with assignments. (okay, maybe I can't stop talking about assignments cause that's what constitutes half my life now)
I gave up on looking for a part time job cause I can't even wake up for my lectures in the morning. How am I going to stay awake for an entire day while maintaining a social life and completing assignments. (oops, I did it again) This semester is really killing me cause the subjects are really heavy. (In case you don't know, I'm currently in Year 2 Sem 4.) 
However, I did book a ticket for Melbourne so wait for me, land of kangaroos. 
I'm looking forward to exploring the city, reading a book in a quaint little cafe and spending some quality time with my long separated girlfriend. 
Well, about blogging and maintaing my grades, I'm still working on it?
I've been drinking more water lately but sometimes there's no fruits at home so I've resorted to consuming an oral solution to help with my bowel movement. (does this sound less disgusting?) 
Okay... let's not go any further on that topic.
I'd like to think that I'm not doing too bad since I still have yet to give up.
Except the part where I'm supposed to look for a job. 

On a side note, I've been selling my pre loved items on this platform called carousell. 
Please do check it out here.
Most of the items are either brand new or worn once.
Here's a little preview of what I'm selling.




On another side note, I've been going back to the same cafe on three separate occasions for food. 
First, cause it's near to university and second, cause they serve really good pork dishes there.
Let me introduce to you, Map's Cafe.


A cafe that specializes in pork dishes and have really cute quotes in the toilet. 
Do check out the toilet while you're there. Really clean, comfortable and cute. 
My favourite quote has got to be, life's alot like a toilet paper.
You're either on a roll... or you're taking shit from an asshole.
Despite the really cute toilet, let's not stray off the main reason I'm there.
The food. 


Eggs Benny. (RM20)
Homemade brioche bun, Hollandaise sauce, Bacon and topped with a Poached egg. x2
Accompanied with minced pork and sweet corn, balsamic sauteed mushrooms and salad.  (P.S the salad is really a piece of lettuce and a slice of tomato) 
I have to say I'm really impressed with the homemade brioche bun and poached egg. 
The bun is toasted to a light brown shade and the eggs are poached perfectly. (As shown in the picture above, the egg yolk is absolutely runny) 
Simple presentation but great combination. My only regret? Not asking for more bacon. 


Porky Pancake (RM16)
Pancakes with strips of bacon and potatoes, topped with a sunny side up egg. 
Served with honey on the side. 
An odd combination but a good choice nonetheless. 


Porkball Pilaf Rice. (RM16)
4 pcs of house meatballs with slow cook brown stock herbed gravy, 2 portion of pilaf rice but 1 with poached egg, the other without. As usual they have a piece of lettuce and a slice of tomato on the side to make the meal more balanced.
I would say the meatballs are good but you can't eat too much because the taste gets a little too overwhelming. An advice would be to share if you order the Map's Porkballs (RM16).


Gula Melaka Cotton Cheesecake (RM12)
Cheesecake with a Malaysian Twist.
Japanese Cotton Cheesecake, textured with dessiccated coconut and topped with gula melaka

I had a really pleasant experience there. 
Definitely worth a try if you studying around the area.
Yes, I'm talking about all of you studying in either Taylor's, Monash or Sunway.

KWrates:
Quality: 8.5/10
Price: 8.5/10 (they have a breakfast set for only RM9.90 from 10-12. Served with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice)
Service: 8/10
Environment: 8/10

Address:
Map's Cafe (non-halal)
9G, Jalan PJS 11/2,

Bandar Sunway, 

46150 Petaling Jaya,

Selangor.
(Turn right after Petron and you'll see it on your right among the shop lots)

Opening hours: 
Weekday: 10am-5pm
Weekend: 9am-6pm
Close every Tuesday. 




Love,
Kai Wen Chim.




No comments:

Post a Comment