Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Entry #83: Restaurant of the Week

With all the hype about Kpop in the recent years, here's a new korean restaurant you guys opt to look out for then next time you're craving for korean bbq and is on a tight budget.

Restaurant of the Week: Kajak-Kajak Korean Restaurant.

It's a relatively new korean barbecue restaurant tucked at a corner in the streets of Kuchai Lama.
Truth be told, what attracted us was the infamous fried chicken and beer that everyone was raving about when "You Who Came From The Stars" was airing.
After trying it for the first time, now I know why Cheong Song-Yi loves it so much.
I guess Fried Chicken and Beer is the best cure for a heartbreak on a rainy day.






(Kong Bul Set, Kimchi Soup, Fried Chicken Combo, Makgeolli, a bottle of Tiger beer)  

Since we ordered the fried chicken combo, the chicken came in two different flavours.
On one side, we have the fried chicken which is tender on the inside, marinated thoroughly and slightly crispy on the outside.
On the other side, the chicken marinated in what tasted like tomato sauce and topped with sesame seed is equally as good.
Coming from a person that don't fancy tomato sauce since young and absolutely loves chilli sauce, it's a really huge compliment.

I wasn't all that impressed with the kimchi soup tho.
First of all, the kimchi soup is served with normal rice and I like korean food with korean rice.
I've tried requesting to change the normal rice (RM2.90) for korean rice (RM4.90) for an additional charge but I was told that I had to pay the full price if I were to change. Hence, I decided to stick with my normal rice.
Second of all, the kimchi soup is milder than expected. I usually imagine my kimchi stew to be spicy and sour but this rendition of kimchi stew tastes like ABC soup instead.

Moving on to the barbecue, I have nothing to complain because I am satisfied with my food. The waiters were rather attentive and the pork wasn't left to grill for a long period of time. With other restaurants, this scenario occurs relatively frequent as the restaurants are too packed and the waiters have a tendency to forget about a table or two and the meat dries up after grilling for too long. Although they don't serve side dishes like other korean restaurants, the vegetables are still refillable. (e.g: kimchi, bean sprout, potato)

Overall, I had a very satisfying meal in this restaurant. Despite not serving side dishes, the cheaper price, generous portion and more than acceptable taste makes up for it. The total bill only comes up to RM100.80 after deducting five percent off (cause we liked their facebook page here)

KWRates
Quality: 8/10
Price: 8.5/10
Service: 6.5/10
Environment: 6.5/10 
(*NOTE: Price is depending on whether I think it's worth it) 

Try if out the next time you're around the area !! Recommended for all you korean lovers.

Address: No.2-G, Jalan Kuchai Maju 8, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia



No comments:

Post a Comment