Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Entry #81: I ALMOST FORGOT I HAD A BLOG Pt.1

I'm finally back !! AGAIN.
You're probably sick of that statement already but what is life right?
It's falling down and then standing up and try again.
Although there's no restart button in life, there's always a save button on blogger.
Although we can't relive the moment we've recorded but we can always look back and continue from where we stopped ;)
A lot of things have changed since the last time I gradually, unintentionally and regretfully drift off from this space.
Here's a small update on what's been happening in my life since I drifted away.
First of all, I'm halfway through my second semester already and let me say this, things are very different compared to the first semester. Not different structurally but different mentally. There's still lectures that starts in the ungodly hour of the morning and there's still tutorials that ends in the wee hours of the night. There's still assignments that needs to be completed and deadlines that's like an internal time bomb that constantly pushes us to start on our assignment. There's still the plagiarism check and referencing that needs to be done for the assignments. Which I have to say, is really incredibly superbly terribly annoying. There's still mid term tests that we're always unprepared for and there will always be the final exam that we're slightly more prepared for. Not to mention, there will forever be insufficient parking space in Taylor's Lakeside that causes me to be one hour late even though I've arrived in the campus for over half an hour. That dreadful feeling when you're so close yet so far. In the campus but far from class and stuck in the parking area under the scorching hot sun in my bright red car.
Ok, moving on to what's different this time.
In the first semester, we can put all the blame on ignorance and feign innocence when we're in deep shit. We're often excused when we make a mistake cause we're new. Often but not always. For example, because we're just in our first semester, we're relatively unfamiliar to the term referencing. Especially if you're from a full blown exam course like A lvls. Referencing ? WHAT IS THAT SHIT. Plagiarism? ARE YOU EVEN SERIOUS. They probably don't give a shit about these things, I'll just pretend like I don't know. AND THAT, my friends is where I made a grave mistake and score myself a big fat zero for referencing which is a total of five marks. AND YOU DON'T JOKE WITH FIVE MARKS because at the end of the semester, you'll slowly dawn upon the fact that coursework is both a blessing and a curse. Blessing because if you did well, you can easily pass the paper and if you score a little better, you can easily get an A. Curse because if you did badly, no matter how hard you studied for the finals, it's almost impossible to score an A and you might just fail the paper. At the beginning of the second semester, I've come to realize that it is our responsibility as students to find out what's happening and how to go about to get it done because we're not in high school anymore, nobody is going to spoon feed us. Now, we still have tutors and lecturers to guide us but when we're out there, we'll be all alone. Now, if we're lucky enough, we may even find friends that would constantly remind us of what's happening like an alarm clock but we can't always rely on them. They are bound to get busy and they too, have a life to live. What I'm saying is this, you should take charge of your own life. Where you end up in the future depends on what you do today. To be honest, I am no model student. I will get sidetracked, I will still procrastinate, I will slack and I will do last minute work. However, this time around, I'll be more aware of my deadlines, pay more attention in class, stop skipping classes and start working on my assignments a few days earlier instead of one day earlier. HEY, at least it's an improvement k ! So far, I only skipped one tutorial class and I didn't score very badly for any assignments. Except maybe, I screwed up my mid term accounting test. 

Secondly, I'm mastering the art of make up.
YouTube may just be my greatest make up guru. 
You can literally find anything there. 
I'll share some make up tips and I'll do a product review soon !! Wait for it.
I should really move on to the third thing on the list but first, let me take a(LOT OF) selfie.
Despite all the make up fails, here's some make up passes. 






I've been shopping alot. I mean I've been ONLINE shopping alot.
I have officially expanded my closet. 
I now have three closet filled with clothes !


Last but not least, I've been eating alot but what's new?
Eating is a part of our everyday routine after all. 

To those who are currently at home, in their pajamas, hungry but yet couldn't find any food around the house, it is not advisable to scroll any further.
Please visit again tomorrow morning. 
When you are free to satisfy all your cravings. 

I'll briefly run through the places I've been to and the things I ate the past few months. 

Departure Lounge.
Open daily from 8A.M - 7P.M
10, Jln SS21/39, Damansara Utama, Petaling Jaya.

Tried this place out before one of my friends left for Australia.
I was rather disappointed about this place. 



The omelette are not fluffy and not light.
It even seems rather dry and unappetizing.


The Aglio Oglio tasted okay but nothing special.
Not to mention, the prawns are a little too much on the raw side.



However, I've heard the place is famous for their coffee. 
Maybe you can give their coffee a try next time but definitely not the food.

Miam Miam, One Utama.
Personally, this place is more of a dessert cafe than a restaurant.
It's a fusion of Japanese and French cuisine.

First off, let's talk about this peanut butter banana milkshake. ( RM13.80 )
NEVER order this glass of peanut butter and banana milkshake even though both the still water and sparkling water costs RM9.80 each. Which doesn't make sense at all.
I mean how can still water and sparkling water cost the same. Lol.
You drink one mouthful of the milkshake it's okay, the second mouthful of it is still acceptable, the moment the third one goes down your throat, you'll start to feel 'jelat' already. 
So NO.


Matcha Souffle. (RM16.80)
Crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
As it entered my mouth, it kind of reminded me of green tea porridge.
Although, it didn't go wrong anywhere, I still couldn't find myself loving it either. 






Souffle De Nuage (RM28.80)
Another one of their signature dish.
Tomato rice topped with fluffy clouds of egg and cheese.
A decently baked dish.




Famous French Toast ( RM16.80 )
True to its name, I can see why it's famous.
It's everything a french toast must be.
It's moist, it's light and it's fluffy ! 
A pile of thickly sliced and squared french toast, piled up high and topped with whipped cream.
If I ever go back for a second try, this will be my pick.
Although, it would have been perfect if it was vanilla ice cream on top.



Fukuya.
No.9 Jalan Delima,
55100 Kuala Lumpur.
Telephone: 0321441022


I ordered the Fuku Fuku lunch.
There is wide selection of dishes that we can choose from in the Fuku-Fuku lunch. 
After much consideration, I've settled for the Salmon Sashimi and Beef teriyaki. 

The set lunch started off with a salad as an appetizer.
It also comes with a Chawanmushi.
Both are fairly decent.



I've always had this belief that the standard of a Japanese restaurant lies in the freshness of their sashimi and Fukuya's salmon sashimi did not disappoint.
They're sliced at the right thickness and they're fresh.


The beef teriyaki on the other hand, fell a little short.
It's a little too dry and the teriyaki sauce isn't anything special either.


The rice tho. is really good.
It's glutinous and sticky.
And mind you, but I'm extremely particular when it comes to rice.
You can say I'm brought up in a chinese family but yeah, I judge the rice I eat very seriously.



As the finale, seasonal fruits are served as dessert.


Restoran Luen Fong.
No.19, Market Street,
31800 Tanjong Tualang

This place is my family's all time favourite stop on the journey back to our hometown. 
You probably don't know this if you've never been there before but Tanjong Tualang is famous for it's freshwater prawn. 
The prawns are really fresh and they have really big heads. 
When you peel the head off, the egg will be oozing out. 



Another thing, this restaurant is famous for tho.
An all time favourite and we never fail to order again and again.
This dish called o' chien.
Chinese style fluffly omelette with oyster.
If you're an o' chien lover like me or you've even travelled to Penang a few times, you'll know that most of the time, o' chiens are cooked with too much corn flour to get the stickiness.
In the end, it just turns out to be slimy. This restaurant however, have mastered the art of frying o' chien. 
They don't add corn flour but yet its crispy.
Completely irresistible and an absolute must try !








Let's just end this post with this mini pineapple for now ! 
Remind me not to slack for too long cause this is what happens, I have too much to say at one time.
Too much has happened for me to recap all.
I ate too too much to talk about every single time I eat because I eat everyday.
Stay tuned for part 2 ! and maybe, part 3 and 4 and so on.
Until I cover everything because I feel like it's wasted if I don't post after taking all those pictures of all those food. This is my responsibility towards all those food that I ate. And then finally, I can delete it and save some space for my computer !

xx,
Kaiwenchim.

No comments:

Post a Comment