Friday, March 14, 2014

Entry #80: Lady in white

Hey guys !
By now, you should realize my pattern already.
I would post consecutively for a few days and then take a break for over a week and then start to spam again. 
That's pretty much how my system goes but I will try to post at least twice a week, k?
That's my promise to you.
I'll start with a style post today followed by a food review post tomorrow and finally, an update on my life on saturday.
Recently, I've been absolutely in love with white and I've been splurging.
Right when you think you're safe cause you're staying at home.
There is this thing called online shopping that makes shopping convenient with the click of a button.
People have pre Chinese New Year shopping, I have post Chinese New Year shopping.
Online shopping completely defeats the entire purpose of staying at home to refrain from spending and saving money ! Sigh.
This is bad.
It's dangerous everywhere.
Goodbye Angpau money. You've been very resourceful. If only you never run out. 
I'll be the happiest person on earth. 

Look No.1 in the Lady in White series.




Iris Eyelet Dress: ShopLAEA
Gold studded military hat: Mooie
Buckle Strappy Heels: Kiss and Tell
Bag: Prada


This oversized white dress literally screams summer, beach and bikinis but since I'm not anywhere near a beach right now, I've paired this Iris Eyelet Dress with a gold studded military hat to create a korean inspired look. To complete the look, the buckle strappy heels in gold and blue adds a touch of elegance and it diverts the look from beachwear to casual wear.

Once a kpop whore, always a kpop whore ?
Back in high school, I was insanely obsessed with the korean scene.
From korean music to korean dramas to korean tabloids. I would literally refresh the korean entertainment news website every 10 minutes until wee hours in the morning.
After waking up, before leaving for school, during school hours , after getting back from school, before going to the toilet, after going to the toilet, before I eat, after I eat, before I sleep. Non stop. Just keep refreshing. Not a single korean gossip will slip through my fingertips and I actually take pride in it.
THANK GOD I'M OVER THAT PHASE.
THANK GOD MY FRIENDS DIDN'T ABANDON ME WHEN ALL I DO IS KPOP ALL DAY ERR DAYYY.


Look No.2 in the Lady in White series.





Regine Romper: Love, Bonito
Thong Sandals: Birkenstock
Bag: Prada





Another piece that I absolutely adore.
This White Regine Romper from Love, Bonito was love at first sight.
I've been on the look out for rompers lately.
However, this was a recently sparked love.
I used to dislike the ideas of rompers for one very crucial reason, the annoying fact that you'll have to remove the entire romper when you're rushing to use the toilet because it's a one piece.
But I've made peace with it. Not to mention, rompers are relatively comfortable so I'll look past the difficulty in removing the romper when using the toilet part.
 Just don't wear it when you have diarrhea?


Look No.3 in the Lady in White series.



Checkered Button Down: Topshop
Sleeveless Embellished Crop Top: Topshop
Highwaisted pants: Topshop



Another piece that I'm in love with is this white sleeveless embellished crop top from Topshop.
The embellished details are absolutely beautiful and the top is stretchable and comfortable.
On days you've ate a little too much the day before and you feel a little bloated, throw in a checkered button down to cover up those flabby arms and bulging food baby without being too obvious.
Every girl needs a checkered button down in their wardrobe.
I remember these checkered button downs being a must have item back in high school.
At first, I didn't really fancied this pair of checkered button downs from topshop cause they reminded me of my mom's pajamas a little too much but I've been styling it up differently lately and I've been lovin' it.
Depending on how you style it, these checkered button downs could give off a different feel.
From rocker chic to casual to goth to high street.
Let your imagination run wild and play around with your wardrobe.
What have been in your wardrobe for ages might just turn out to be your greatest treasure.

To end the post,
here's a mini review on 2ne1's new album Crush to commemorate my old days when I was young and obsessed.
It has been on replay in my playlist since the first day of release.

As an opening track, I think Crush totally killed it. Damn right bitches, 2ne1 is back ! 


Crush
" They love me cause I'm hot, They love me cause I'm cold, They love me cause I'm real, They love me cause I... kill "
If that's not confidence, then I really don't know what is.

Here's what I think about the album, the album clearly depicts the pain of a girl that can't get over her previous love. Like literally an entire part by part process in six songs.
First, the girls will ask their ex boyfriend to come back home because they are so sure it has gotta be him and then, they would constantly question why they were dumped when they were so good to the boy in subject. Eventually, they would scream and escape reality by partying hard to drown the sadness away because they are now free to do whatever they like. Finally, they try to reason out their break up and accept the fact that they're no longer in a relationship. Although deep down they are clearly not happy and they misses him terribly, they hope that their ex beau would be happy and they would always secretly look after him from a far.


1. Come Back Home




2. Gotta Be You



3. Good To You




4. Scream


5. Baby I miss you




A mid tempo ballad that is very pleasant on the ears.

6. Happy 




A very cheerful and upbeat track.
From their Lollipop days till today, Dara's hair is always a surprise.

In If I were you, the girls are having unrequited feelings for a boy. They're wishing that the boy they love would live in their shoes for a day and understand the feelings reside within them, hoping that the boy could be in love with them at least once so that the girls could have a closure and move on with no regrets having known what it would be like.


If I Were You
Is it just me or does the beginning when Dara starts singing reminds you of a thousand years?


What I simply love about this album is that they experiment with different styles. For example, in come back home, they started off with reggae and then the beat drops and it deviates to electronic dance music but at the same time, the music doesn't drown their strong vocals.
Furthermore, each song evenly distribute parts between the girls and the quality of each member's distinct voice were showcased. I'm particularly impressed with Minzy's vocals and CL's rapping. They were good previously but they're even better now. Also, I agree that CL should've debuted with MTBD rather than The Baddest Female. My two personal favourites in the album would be Good to you and If I were you followed by Crush.
Of course, that's only my opinion, your opinions might differ from me but give it a listen if you haven't already.

xx,
Kaiwenchim


1 comment:

  1. Kurti tops can be worn with a salwar, churidar, leggings, jeans and even capris. you can get all these kind of quality shopping from this shop buy kurtis online women Kurta

    ReplyDelete