Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Entry #76: Until we meet again

I am turning twenty this year. 
Soon, those teenage years of fooling around, making bad decision, doing stupid things and then blaming it on youth would be over. 
Soon, those rebellious years where we go against our parents, sneaking into clubs, sleeping at ungodly hours and waking up skipping breakfast, brunch and lunch altogether would be over too.
Soon, those carefree days where the hardest decision to make is where to eat and what to order would be over as well.
Soon, we would be forced to grow up. 
However, for me, soon is still two years away. 
Two years...
Personally, I think it would pass in the blink of an eye if we don't make the best of it. 
I really do think that being eighteen, nineteen and twenty are very crucial years to lose yourself and rediscover yourself.
Those years are the years where we are finally given our freedom to act on our own will. 
However, freedom like all things good comes with a price tag. 
Be it a strained relationship with your parents, making bad friends, getting involved in messy situations or getting yourself a heartbreak.
Even if I knew all good things come with a cost, 
I wouldn't recommend you to just stay at home and rot because I believe by putting ourselves out there, we learn things that we cannot learn if we're always locked up in our comfort zone.
Only by going out of our comfort zone can we experience all the incredible things life has to offer. 
Yeah, we may fall and get bruised up but if we never try to stand back up after falling down when we were a toddler, we wouldn't be walking today. 
By walking, we get to where we are today. 
Step by step, day by day, life goes on.
Yeah, some days we feel like we can't live to see tomorrow.
Some days we feel like giving up.
But I'm telling you that things will get better. 
I'm also telling you don't waste your youth away.
Go out there and have fun.
Experience life at its best. 
Go on adventures that you would remember for a lifetime.
One day, live to tell your grandchildren or better yet, your great grandchildren of the stories when you were young, wild and reckless. 
Everyone wants a cool grandparent, right ;)
One more thing that I want to tell you is, learn. 
Always be on your feet.
Do something today that you would thank yourself for in the future. 
If you're going through a difficult time, turn your despair into strength.
Sometimes, I feel like I have so many things that I want to do but I can only do it one at a time.
If I were to continuously procrastinate like how I did the past two months, I would't get anywhere. 
I know it took me a very long time to do something with my holidays.
I know my holidays are coming to an end in around one month time and I didn't do anything productive so far but I know even if I could turn back time, I wouldn't make different choices. 
Yeah, I did tell myself that I would live a more fulfilling life this year. 
Also, I did take up classes at the beginning of the year and then took a one month break because I've been busy during Chinese New Year and also, after Chinese New Year.
I've been really busy after Chinese New Year.
Practically, I've been out the entire month since the start of Chinese New Year. 
I've sent away two of my closest friend to the country down under and those that were back for a break, went back too.
They are the reason why I've been busy the entire month and also the reason I am blogging now.
As much as I want to do something with my life, I value spending quality time with them even more.
My goals can always wait but sadly, my time with them is limited so no regrets.
We did some really stupid things together, we've seen part of each other that we never show anyone else and most importantly, we've had some really great time together. 


We may be countries apart now and you guys may not be anywhere near a hundred km radius anymore but like I said, I am like an unchanging tree, I will always be here and we have history together and seriously, nobody messes with history.

From going on late night drives to KL just because we feel like it.



To getting drunk in room 10319, receiving complaints from the neighbouring guests for being too noisy, puking all over the sink, the toilet floor AND the bath tub. And then leaving the room the next day with a dysfunctional iPhone 5S, remaining half a bottle of Absolut Vodka, a hotel room reeked of puke, essences of mamee chef (tom yum flavour) all over the bath tub and also, tips as a compensation for the cleaner that is cleaning up the mess we made. Oops, we did it again? 



To mastering the rules of Lepak 101 that mainly consist of playing pool followed by shisha followed by late night mamak sessions, impromptu drinking sessions, sleepovers and then waking up the next morning for dim sum.








To countering all the bad things we did by playing badminton and futsal.
To watching late night movie marathons.

To losing very embarrassingly in escape room. 
P.S : Lesson learnt. Do not think too highly of yourself, you are NOT Sherlock Holmes. DO. NOT. ENTER. THE. SLAUGHTER. ROOM. Trust me, just don't choose the room with a five star difficulty. It's a waste of time. It's one thing if you can solve one mystery of the five mysteries in the room, it's another thing to not solving anything at all without relying on clues. We left the room like complete idiots. I'm sure the people who worked there were secretly laughing at us through the CCTV when we were playing. Please ah, I would laugh at myself.


With every hello comes a goodbye but you know what? 
This time, I won't say goodbye because


Until we meet again,
Kevin Lim Jia Wei,
the caveman that calls me up at night because he's hungry.







Until we meet again,
Shannen Lee May May,
the small girl with big dreams and zero tolerance to alcohol.




Until we meet again, 
Tan Yin Bing,
my all time favourite karaoke partner.



Always remember the four Ls.
To learn, to live, to laugh and to love.
Stay strong.
If you guys need anything, I'm aways a Skype or Facetime away.
I would say Oovoo but I haven't create an account.
Love you all long time.
xx,
Kaiwenchim.


Officially missing you guys liao...



No comments:

Post a Comment