Thursday, February 13, 2014

Entry #75: You are not alone.

Happy Valentine's Day to all the couples out there and if you're single and very much available like me. Let's write down our names and phone numbers on oranges and throw it into the river this Chap Goh Mei. Who knows, a guy might fish the oranges out. Pick a river of your choice but first, consider what kind of fishes you're trying to bait ;) Tilapia, Salmon, Tuna, Grouper, Trout or Sardines?  HAHA. I shall stop with the jokes but seriously, some guys really do fish the oranges out. True story, bro. I heard it from a friend.
Anyway, to say I'm alone this Valentine's Day is not exactly true but to say that I'm single this Valentine's Day is definitely true to the core once again.
Do I feel lonely?
No.
Am I sad?
No.
Do I want someone in my life?
Yes. BUT I've decided to wait instead of  desperately looking for one.
I believe good things happen to those who wait. 
Actually good things happen to those who wait AND fight but the fighting comes in the later part so let's just stick with wait for now. 


" You should give yourself plenty of time to grow before getting married"
I have to be honest, I AM growing. 
Mentally. Emotionally. Physically. Horizontally. NOT Vertically.

To all the happy couples out there, cherish your moments together and have a great Valentine's Day but don't give in to the capitalism of Valentine's Day and spend unnecessary angpau money on fancy gifts, overpriced dinners and overly expensive roses just because today is a special day. It's just a gimmick for nasty businessman to con your money. Everyday is a special day if you're with the one you love and there are other meaningful ways to put a smile on your partner's face. Trust me, sincerity wins over materialism. Hands down. 

To all the single ladies out there, 
don't let Valentine's Day pull you down. 
You are not alone.
You are very much loved.
You just have to look around.
You have girlfriends to get you through the day and everyday of your life.
Have faith and enjoy your freedom now ;)

Love, 
kaiwenchim





No comments:

Post a Comment