Sunday, August 25, 2013

Entry #59: New Beginnings.

Hello everybody who is reading this little blog of mine !
I have announcements to make which will probably explained my disappearance the pass few days and I will keep it simple.

Announcement Number One:
I've finally cleared my room after what seems like two years.
You have no idea what I've found lying around my room in so many different corners. It's amazing how many things can be found in my room. It's like a treasure hunt but I would say junkyard is more appropriate.
Here's what I found in the room :

  • seven blue pens
  • nine black pens
  • two glue
  • fifteen pencils
  • eight mechanical pencils
  • eight erasers
  • three rulers
  • four sunglasses cases
  • two sunglasses
  • one mercedes
  • one lamborghini 
  • five iphone cases
  • six bottles of mini perfume, one bottle of cologne and one bottle of medium sized perfume
  • one long lost camera
  • a tube of DNA
  • and..... a mini bottle of expired tobasco sauce which I greedily stole from Papa John cause it was. cute.
(Note that this is just a few of the many more things I found, I can't possibly name it all. There's way to many and I am afraid I would bore you. )

Spring cleaning my room is like a having war in a battlefield except you don't die physically but mentally.

Before:









Halfway:

I was impressed myself.




Mountain of things that needed to be cleared away.


My mini stolen bottle of tobasco sauce.
Cute, ain't it.


I found a hidden corner where I secretly wrote our names, behind the books.
The stupid things I do when I was young and innocent.


One and a half years worth of books overflowing the cardboard box.




After:

My moment of Glory.
Nicely arranged.
I'm happy.






Announcement Number Two: 
I'm purple again.
I was purple, black, red, purple, turqoise, red and back to purple again. If one does not know me, one would think purple is my favourite colour. 












Announcement Number Three:
Yours Truly is officially a full time student in Taylor's University.
Registered and reporting for duty as of tomorrow. 
I am leaving the pond and entering the lake. 
I do hope that it will be a pleasant and memorable journey where I would be able look upon it with a smile on my face when I am gray and wrinkled.

The past few days, I've been doing alot of thinking about what I've been through the past one and a half year. Especially when I was cleaning up, opening my memory box, digging out my old stuffs, reminiscing about the past and then arranging it back into the box one by one while thinking about all its sentimental values. It has been quite a journey and thinking back, there was all sorts of emotions mixed together. It was bittersweet. The recent one being disappointment but I stand by these three rules at times of disappointment.

Rule Number One: Don't Compare
You'll just get even bitter. You'll just be harder on yourself. You'll just be drowning in your sorrows. You'll just be whining about no one else but yourself. There will always be someone better than you. Nobody can be the best forever. Forever is an illusion, it is greed taking over, it is lust for the fame, it simply doesn't exist. You are you. They are not you. You don't have to live up to their standards. You are not subjected to it, don't be caged by it and don't be too hard on yourself when you do not rise to their standards. It's your life and there may be no retry button but there is a try again button.

Rule Number Two: Accept it
Accept what we cannot change. There is no other way. Look at it differently and a million possibilities paves your path.

Rule Number Three: Let it go
I have regrets. More so when I'm drunk. Your mind just runs rampantly, your heart just aches in bitterness and your stomach wrenches tightly. However, it is a regret that was caused entirely caused by myself. I didn't work hard enough and I cannot change that fact now but this is not the end of the line. Rise again after you fall. Like a bloodsucking vampire. Rise above them all and look towards the new beginning. I'm sure there's better things waiting for us. 


If we don't let go of something good, how are we suppose to find something better. 
Maybe the past happened for a reason and maybe, the past is supposed to stay there.

One thing the past do to you, it makes you stronger. 
I shall end here.
Tomorrow is orientation day and I wouldn't want to be late to my first day so I shall take my leave now. 
Goodnight. 
xx
kaiwenchim

To new beginnings.
What does the future await me?
I'm feeling rather nervous and anxious right now.
For tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment