Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Entry #47: Zen

Today was a sunny day, I woke up to the sound of my alarm telling me to get my ass up and get ready to go for facial. I've always wanted to say this but I didn't get the chance to so now's the time.
You know what facial feels like? You may think that it's all relaxing and zen but really it feels like you've went to hell and come back alive because of the stinging pain from the needle poking right under your skin. When I first went for facial, I was really taken aback and I was surprised at what people would do in the name of beauty. Including myself. However, I'm grateful that I did went because my skin did show some major improvement. I had really bad acne problems in junior high but by senior high, it gradually improved. It's not flawless but it's better now so I'm happy enough. Facial took around 2 hours or so? Usually after facial, I would find myself worn out which I used to think it was weird cause all I did was lie down on the bed, endure the stinging pain and let the beautician do her magic. So I went home and did some research. During a facial treatment, they also give you a massage and a massage is a form of passive exercise your body is doing, much like working out itself. Paired with the cooling mask on your face, you're in a very relaxed state of mind. You should be feeling very zen in the moment. In a way, your mind is destressing so it's not unusual to feel tired. It is perfectly fine to fall asleep after the treatment and when you're at home. You'll even fall into a deep slumber rather than a restless sleep since you're feeling much relaxed after the treatment. Give your body this time to rest from all the emotional baggage, unnecessary worries and stress that you've given yourself. Don't be too harsh on your body or yourself. Love your body and let it find its balance once again. Of course after the treatment, we didn't go home right away. Other than sleep, one also needs to eat. The other necessity in life. For lunch, we had Balinese cuisine. Much like chinese food, I've grown up eating Indonesian food so I'm accustomed to their taste. You know how when you're familiar with something and you take it for granted? I grew up eating chinese and indonesian food and I don't analyze every taste when I was young so as I grow up, I can't precisely tell you why the food is good but I just KNOW IT if it's good and THIS is good. Well, acceptable and much more affordable as compared to Ole-ole Bali which I think is over rated.

The place we've visited for lunch was called the Uma and the interior is designed carefully to bring out the feel of being in Bali yourself. It is non-halal and they do serve pork in their menu.



We ordered a four person set.
To be precise from A-D, we ordered the one with third alphabet.
All the sets are served with four plates of rice and you can choose between
a) White Rice
b) Black-Eyed-Pea Rice (LOLOLOL I never knew black eyed peas have a rice named after them)
c) Yellow Rice ( My pick for the day )


BEHOLD !
SET C.


Set C consists of 
-Balinese Pork Ribs
-Balinese Lamb Curry ( we exchanged it for fish in balinese leaf )
-Balinese Grilled Half Chicken
-Minced Fish Satay
-Assem Pork Sausage
-Egg Sambal
-Mixed Vegetable Salad
-Stir Fry Long Bean
-Spiced Potato fries
Served with Sambal MBE, Sambal Tomat and Sambal Kecap.
If you don't know, Indonesian and Balinese cuisine is known for its specially prepared sauce which pairs really well with the dishes.


Among it all, my favourite would be the Egg Sambal.
OMG, it's so good I'm lovin' it.
The mixed vegetable salad comes in a close second.
Third, it has to be the Balinese Pork Ribs.
Overall, I'm satisfied. 
However, the fish is not very fresh.
The one thing I have to complain about.

Es Campur Bali



It's different and sets itself apart from the usual ABC/ Ice Kacang we eat in the sense that they don't use red beans, nuts or packaged corns and instead they use Jackfruit, Cendol, Cincau, Nata de coco and avocado in milk syrup. I like it but if the ice is shaved, it would be even perfect.

The Uma Restaurant
7-G & 7-1 Jalan PJU 5/21
The Strand, Kota Damansara,
Petaling Jaya 47810
Selangor, Malaysia 
Tel: +603 61422771

After a satisfying lunch, we headed back home and I fell asleep on the way back and followed it up at home.
I don't remember what time I woke up but I did wake up to exercise and drink a fruit juice, snacks and finally tried a yam pie from Mcdonalds.
I prefer the yam pie compared to the usual apple pie.
That's how my carefree day ended and here I am now to wish you goodnight.
And


HAPPY FIRST DAY OF AUGUST.
( psssst. it's someone's birthday month. GUESS WHO )

I'm also doing a #photoaday challenge on Instagram this month.
Check out on my progress and follow me okay !
My instagram profile is on the right hand side.
Just click on it and then press the green colour button.




Regrets.
What are regrets?
At the end of the day, regrets are just chances we didn't take.
Losing to one's own fear.
Being a coward.
A wrong choice is not a regret, at least at one point of time, you truly believed it is the right choice.
You don't know how life plays it out after making that decision so just leave it in the hands of God.
If it were to fail, remember that God gave you this life because you're strong enough to live it.
Persevere. A rainbow is just around the corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment