Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Entry #32 : Mom and Dad I Love You

Father's Day just passed and Mother's day? 
Well, that one passed over a month ago but here I am talking about those two events now cause it's better to be late than never, right. 
Trying to convince myself to feel less guilty about not writting for over a month. LOL.
Okay, let's start according to chronology and talk about Mother's Day first.
Hmmmm, let me recall what happened that day.
When the clock strikes 12, right at the moment Mother's day begin, I wished Mama Chim a Happy Mother's Day, kissed her on her cheek and pass her a Mother's Day gift. 
And that, kids...
is how Mother's Day started this year.
For this year's mother's day we planned to have seafood for dinner and by we, I mean my cousin and I.
We thought long and hard, looked high and low, google all day for a good seafood restaurant but seriously, what does a person have to do to find a good seafood restaurant in KL. 
It sounds like MISSION IMPOSSIBLE at one point of time.
However, we prevailed and after calling three times for booking, two calls flew to the voicemail and one more call was asking for PASSWORD WTF. Make reservation also need password?!??! HOW WE KNOWWWWW ! 
However, we successfully made a reservation and we're ready to go when it's dinner time.
The restaurant we've picked is Mei Keng Fatt Seafood Restaurant in Kuala Ampang.
For this year's mother's day we wanted to choose a restaurant that we've never been to before and seafood cause our mom's love seafood ?
We're playing the element of surprise trick.

Without further ado, feast your eyes. 


The six of us. 


My fourth auntie and her family.



Oysters as starters.



Typical chinese starters at weddings.



Our mini steamboat.



Lobster with minimal amount of meat.
There was barely enough for the ten of us to have a piece of the Lobster meat.





Surprisingly, this is the most impressive dish of the night.
The flavour of the chinese sausage and chinese preserved duck were perfectly brought out by the glutinous rice.


The crab was one of the dish that I was looking forward towards.
The presentation and size amazes me too but the moment, 
i cracked open the shell,
I was terribly disappointed.
I had this feeling of being cheated.
The meat was half the size of the crab, literally.
Overall, I wasn't quite satisfied with the restaurant and I'm pretty sure there won't be a next time for me.
However, the restaurant was pretty packed with customers that day and they have really good business so maybe it's just me.
But oh wells.

Here's the adress if you intend on visiting the place:

Mei Keng Fatt Seafood Restaurant.
1, Lorong Awan 6, Kuala Ampang
68000 Ampang,
Selangor

Moving on, 
for Father's day, 
We headed over to another seafood restaurant in Port Klang which I've visited since way back.
I've been to many places that LIVE up to their reputation but the bigger problem here is that they do not MAINTAIN their reputation. Which is such a pity sometimes.
After not visitting this restaurant for over a year, I'm glad to say that they've maintained their standard and the dishes are as good as ever. 
With food as good as this, no wonder they have good business all year round despite being located at a very secluded area.
If you were to ask me to drive there, I would have no idea where to even start.
The restaurant is called Yong Tat Seafood Restaurant in Port Klang.
And here's a few of our all time favourite dishes.


Fried Beehoon with Lala. 
A must !
You will not regret.


Fried Kuey Teow.


Steamed Lala.


I've been to many restaurants that serve sweet potato leaves which is a very typical dish in all chinese restaurants and they normally cook it way too oily.
But this restaurant surprises me cause it tasted just right.


Deep Fried Village Chicken.
Another dish that you HAVE TO try.
It's basically deep fried salted chicken but it's so good.
I think I can finish a whole chicken if I wasn't already full at that time.


Steamed fish.





Black Pepper Crab.
The crab have a serving time of at least 30 minutes and are usually served at the end of the meal.
Be patient child,
to devour good food you must first have the right mentality.
LOL.
Their seafood are all really fresh and cooked to perfection.
They're not overcooked and you can taste the freshness of the seafood.

This restaurant may serve simple dishes but at the end of the day, 
it's not the presentation that matters, 
it's the taste.
It's the taste that makes you come back again and again for more and Yong Tat Seafood Restaurant will remain as my all time favourite seafood restaurant.
As compared to the restaurant we've visited during Mother's day, 
this restaurant serves tastier dishes at a much more reasonable price.
For all the dishes above, 
it only sums up to RM250 as compared to the bill of the Mother's Day dinner which is almost quadruple the price.
Here's what I say,
You don't necessary have to visit fancy restaurants with overpriced dishes to enjoy good food.
You just have to know where to look.


Adress for
Yong Tat Seafood Restaurant:
No. 33, Kampung Telok Gong, Pandamaran
42000 Port Klang, Selangor,
Malaysia
03-31341167



I shall end my post here with a shoutout 
"Thanks for feeding us good food and pampering our taste buds,
Thanks for everything you've done for us,
Thanks for being the pillar of strength for our family,
Thanks for raising us to who we are now,
Most of all, 
Thanks for being the most amazing mom and dad to us three little monkeys
WE LOVE YOU MOM AND DAD"







No comments:

Post a Comment