Monday, April 29, 2013

Quotes, Pugs and Thoughts.

So, my bestfriend, Ian have an unlikely obsession for pugs
and here are some really *inserts every synonym of adorable* pictures of 'em.


















Here's what I learnt about pugs from him so far, they snort and drool all the time and have the puss in the boots watery irresistible eyeballs.

Optimism for the day. Stolen from Instagram and Tumblr.

















Some real deep thinking I was doing. Stolen from Thought Catalog.

The truth
When You Run Into Your Ex: Fantasy. Vs. Reality

Fantasy: You take the high road. You’re such an adult. You’re a Kelly Clarkson song!
Reality: You text your friend to say, “I think I’m dying inside. My skin is melting off.” Inside you feel like you’re being eaten alive by hyenas. Are your hands on fire? You politely excuse yourself, not sure if you’re crying or not. You can’t be sure. Is this what hell is? Is hell other people’s happiness?
Fantasy: You genuinely want them to be happy, because you know they’re a great person and they do deserve the best, even if that’s not with you.
Reality: You genuinely want them to be happy, because you know they’re a great person and they do deserve the best, even if that’s not with you. Just as long as you’re a little bit happier. It’s not a competition. Does that make you terrible? No, just human. 

http://thoughtcatalog.com/2013/when-you-run-into-your-ex-fantasy-vs-reality/

Beautiful
Will I Remember How to Love You

When I finally meet you, will I remember how to love you?
Will I remember how to lie awake on Sunday morning while you sleep, counting the freckles that pepper your back?
Will I remember to not always be right, to compromise, and not bolt for the highway when things aren’t going my way?
Will you remind me how nice it is to wake up in the morning as someone that loves me too strokes the hair out of my face in the dusty, pale light? Will you remind me how to let you change the lightbulb, fix my computer, bring me tea when I’ve had a hard day, instead of trying to do everything on my own? Will you remind me how to line up your shoes next to mine when you stay the night? Will you remind me how to call you in the evening, even when I don’t want to talk to anyone, how to meet you on my lunch hour, and how to make sure my friends save a seat for you at dinner next Friday night?
Will you think I’m beautiful right after I’ve done the eggiest hell fart anyone ever farted? Will you understand that sometimes I do forget, will forget, exactly how to love you, but that I’ll always be sorry when I do? 

http://thoughtcatalog.com/2013/will-i-remember-how-to-love-you/

Misconceptions
Four Questionable Sayings About Love


1. “Love just happens.”

If you want love, you have to stand up and be counted and risk your ego being bruised and your heart being broken. Love happens to those who are willing to be vulnerable to the pain of love so they can also experience the greatness of love.

2. “You don’t choose who you fall in love with.”

Even if you don’t choose who you fall in love with, you choose who you continue to love; you choose who you’re with.

3.  “All is fair in love and war.”

All isn’t fair in love and war. You don’t just get to lie, cheat, steal, and intentionally hurt people along the way so you can be in love. Even if you think all is fair in love, remember that karma has a funny way of settling scores.

4. It is better to have loved and lost than never had loved at all.

Being vulnerable with someone in a romantic love that you invested your time, your future, and your life in, and having that all thrown back in your face is a devastating experience.
Loss is painful, having never had, is also painful but I speak from experience when I say, you can’t miss something you’ve never had. Love pains aren’t better or worse than each other; they’re just different.


http://thoughtcatalog.com/2013/four-questionable-sayings-about-love/

One step at a time
All Great Things Happen In Tiny Steps

Change happens in the smallest ways. Baby steps.
Change is taking a deep breath and not raising your voice at someone—just once. It’s every job application you fill out, however many hundred you go through, one of them, one little application, could be the start of your new life. It’s a smile, or a hello, to the person you care about. It’s releasing your negative self-talk for just one moment. It’s getting up and walking away from a situation that you shouldn’t be in—just once. That’s all it takes. It only takes 10 seconds of courage to change everything, or to start something that will change everything. Trying to uproot and overhaul and transform your life overnight will seldom work. But do you know what will? Identifying what it is you most want, and making the little, tiny changes until you get there.
http://thoughtcatalog.com/2013/all-great-things-happen-in-tiny-steps/


Read the whole article if you have the time.
I've read these articles sometime ago, I found some amusing, I found some beautiful, I found some relatable and I just felt the need to share it with you all.

Before I end this post, I have to have to HAVE TO talk about Iron Man 3.





Needless to say, Robert Downey Jr. never fails to give us an amazing performance.
It is definitely not an exaggeration when I say, Iron Man 3 is simply the best movie I've ever watched in the cinemas. The best two hours and fifteen minutes I've spent in the cinemas ever with my iMax 3D glasses.
The movie have an engaging storyline, mindblowing visual effects, cool ass iron man suits, remarkable actresses and actors.
I just saw a debate online about Iron man 3 being better than Avengers ?
You know what I say? Iron man 3 is way better than Avengers, hands down !
It was the perfect mix of climax, depth, twists, sarcasm and Robert Downey Jr. 's sexiness.
I think I melted when he was doing that little dance in the basement and my heart ache a little when the metal just crashed onto his balls? Haha.
Also, Gwyneth Paltrow's body motivated me to start working out again.
She look so good shirtless with her sports bra on, I'm determined to look like that one day but shorter and with black hair.
I usually don't fancy watching the same movie twice in the cinema but I think I'll make an exception for this one because it's awesome like that.

Btw, I was dressed for the movie, okay.
In my bathing ape Iron Man tee I bought from Singapore last year.
I call him the Iron Milo !

After the movie, I had lunch at Thai Thai with Fatty and Superman.
FINALLY, satisfied my one week cravings for water chestnuts.




I think from today onwards I'll end my post with an emoticon and that emoticon shall represent my mood while writing the post.
(:


No comments:

Post a Comment