Sunday, March 10, 2013

The girl that is trying to blog.

For a moment out there, I was lost. I didn't know what directions I wanted to go with this blog but I wasn't out of ideas. I always have a draft in my mind what I wanted to write but somehow when I sit right in front of the computer, I couldn't construct all my sentences properly and I delay my posts. I guess this is called a writer's block? Even though I'm not J.K Rowling or Stephanie Meyer or  Nicholas Sparks or anyone of that sort. I'm just the girl that is trying to blog. Anyway, the last time I was here, I was talking about having dengue and being reluctant on doing anything at all cause literally anything at all makes me tired before I even start. Apparently fatigue is one of the symptoms of dengue and it would normally last for about a month before completely getting back to your usual self so don't put the blame on me for neglecting this space for a week or so. Put it on the mosquito that injected the virus into my bloodstream and turning me into an even more lazier person than I already am. Honestly, I wasn't aware I had dengue when I first had fever. I thought it was just a fever until one day, I looked horrible beyond belief after a work out and rashes started to appear all over my body. Dengue rashes are similar to measles but it's not itchy at all until the recovery phase where it does gets rather itchy.


Dengue rashes looks like this but 2x worse and it appears everywhere.


After my first blood test. Had two more after this. *cries* The first time, I was quite excited about getting a blood test cause I don't remember ever getting one before. The second time, it's still okay and when the third time comes, you're just so sick of it and you feel like fainting looking at the blood flowing out of you. And the third time, there wasn't much blood in my veins anymore. The doctor injected the needle, left it there for 5 seconds, take it out, insert it, take it out and insert it AGAIN. It was horrifying even looking at it, really. The reason why dengue patients have to get blood tests constantly is to monitor the blood platelets. If it decreases way below the usual then you have to be admitted to the hospital in case there is any internal bleeding which can turn ugly. My blood platelets did decrease below the usual level but just slightly and Thank God it went back up by the third blood test. I'm really grateful for that. 


The frog and bitter gourd soup that is rumoured to be good for dengue patients. I drank it for four days in a row and my blood platelets did rise back up so it's practically proven to be a fact ? This is the story I heard from my teacher, he said that years ago, there was a boy who had dengue and he was admitted to the hospital but the doctor told the boy's parents to prepare themselves for the worse and the chances are slim. However, his parents didn't give up hope and they asked around everywhere if there's any other way to cure dengue. Then, they met this random guy, he asked them to buy a bitter gourd, cut it into half, remove the seeds and buy frogs, put them into the bitter gourd, close it back up and boil it with water till you get a really saturated soup. The next day the little boy's parents did exactly that and after drinking the soup a few more times, the boy recovered ! And... that left the doctor speechless.

Here's the recipe i found through google if you intend on trying it:
 Cut up one bitter gourd and boil with three whole frogs (getting fresh frogs from the markets was the difficult thing and get them to de-skin for you). Use 8 bowls of water and boil till you get 3 bowls over low heat half-opened top, season with salt. 

Sometimes, we are quite pessimistic about all these traditional remedies and we often rely on western medication but if you really have no other choice and the virus have no cure, that doesn't mean we're going to sit around and wait for our time to come without giving a fight right. So why not? There's nothing to lose, just try every possible way. Of course, be sure there's no side effects, you're aware of what you're consuming and don't be cheated by quacks. 

I'll end here today but I'll be back tomorrow, I promise.

Here's my current favourite song:


"The only thing more unthinkable than leaving is staying and the only thing more impossible than staying is leaving." - Eat, Pray, Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment